Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A New Journey

Some of you may be readers of my other blog, so welcome to those both familiar with and new to my work! I am the homeschooling mother of one child, who I will refer to as Beezy, as well as a wife, poet, writer, and dancer/teacher. My motivation in beginning a 2nd blog is to allow me to have a lower profile and the relative anonymity to express myself more freely. Sometimes starting fresh is the wisest course.

Indigo, on the color wheel between blue and violet, symbolizes a mystical borderland of wisdom, self-mastery, and spiritual realization. Motherhood has been a mystical journey for me for the last seven years. Indigo's biblical symbolism is heavenly grace and is associated with the Virgin Mary, who is often depicted wearing indigo or blue clothing. I recently "discovered" her and am very drawn to her presence. Though topics will overlap between this blog and my other, I have a feeling Maternal Indigo will flow along a more spiritually and religiously focused path, which is already reflected in my other recent articles.

My posts will generally be written in the literary genre of the personal essay, relating various themes as seen through the lens of my life. This is a highly subjective style in which the theme is laced throughout true stories, reflecting my feelings, opinions, and observations, with real people functioning as the characters. The purpose is to share a lesson learned, insight gained, or point being made. The personal essay is a work of creative nonfiction and serves as a conversation between the author and the reader. I sincerely hope you will join me in this ongoing conversation and the creation of a sacred space.

No comments:

Post a Comment