Friday, May 25, 2012

Mary's Month

The month of May is traditionally Mary's month. It has always been one of my favorite months of the year, along with October. Today is a very special day, because it is my only child's 8th birthday. Today I remember with fondness and awe that day 8 years ago, when she was born at 3:11 on a Tuesday afternoon. I woke up already in labor that morning, and I was only at the hospital for about six hours before she was born. She was named after my mother for her middle name.

It is a joy to witness the excitement of my daughter as we prepare for her birthday party this evening. I know that Mary is watching over us with her holy, maternal love, celebrating this lovely day with my family and my daughter's friends, along with the happiness she must receive from the special honor we give her during this whole month. In a couple of weeks Beezy will be baptized and officially enter into the family of God.

I ask for a blessing upon this day, that any worries will be set aside, that our hearts will be filled with nothing but love and joy, and that all of God's grace will be upon us. The one who is full of grace shares it with anyone who asks. Beezy just came in and said that she and my husband were in a car accident! Thank goodness they were not harmed. Well, no day is perfect, but our joy can still be boundless if we choose it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment